Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Week of April 6 2008

This week I got to see a pretty good concert. Seether, 3 Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin. They were at the Bryce Jordon Center on Tuesday night. I am not a huge fan of any of the bands, but a friend ask me to go with her so I did. Had a great time. If you are reading this ad interested, there are a few pictures on my myspace page.
Wednesday i hit up (that sounds cool when I sa
y that) Memories. Skiddy was there for karaoke. I was there for the karaoke and to do some drawing. I have been doing a boatload of that. I have some work that i will post soon.
Thursday it was Ronny's Place. I have been doing Karaoke there for a few weeks and it has been growing. This week a few good friends showed up and made the night. Ronny's wife also go into the act. I know Thursday is a tough night to get out for anything, but I start Karaoke early. We start at 8. It's a great time. Hope to see you there. It is located along rt. 747 outside Mount Union. I should mention that is under new management and there have been a lot of changes. It is hard beating a reputation that was not always the best. This when it was under the previous management. It has changed and I believe you will enjoy it.
Friday another night at the Mount Union V.E.T.S. It has been great and the crowd and singers has been growing each week. I do need to mention that the next two Fridays i will not be at the VETS. We had a little schedule mix up a few weeks back. The were not sure they wanted me to continue the Karaoke over the summer. In fact they said after the big contest they were going to stop karaoke until fall. So i was called about some other work on Fridays and took a couple jobs. They happen to be the next two Fridays. After that I am back at the VETS.Hope to see you then. Or maybe i will see you this Friday at the Mapleton Legion. It is another early starter. Starting around 8.
Saturday I was at the Trough Creek Fire Company for another cash party. I was a little, wait, i was a lot worried about this because the last cash party did not work out so good. My fears came true as not a lot of people hung around to dance. I made as much positive time of it as i could. I broke out the marker and had a go at it with caricature. Here are a few that i did. I do want to make a disclaimer. I did these while the people were not looking at me. They were just walking around and i did them. They did not know i was doing them, but I believe they enjoyed them. Anyhow here they are. I also wanted to mention that i have a new web site. I hope to have it finished this week. It is all about caricatures that i do. The only thing i need, which i am working on is more caricatures. Anyhow, the website is carickature.com. Caricature with a k added so it is kinda like ca rick ature. i thought it was a good idea. we will see what happens. I would like to do more of the caricature work, so if your interested. Contact me.
I also started using a service called twitter. You can see it at the top right of this blog. It is a web utility where you just write a short sentence or two about what you are doing at the moment. I am not sure why i am using it or for how long. Just thought i would mention it here.
Ok off to do more drawing. Hope you enjoyed!
Wait.. i did have a drawing i have been working on i wanted to post. I almost forgot. And by the way, I am not a "Trekky". I do not dress like a Star Trek person. I do not have a lot of anything Star Trek. I just did the thing. Here it is.


I am going to add color to it and finish at some point. Until then....umm.. Live Long and Prosper. Ha!

No comments: