Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend of April 12

Had a lot of fun this week. Ronnie's was not great but we are still getting regulars out for singing. I recorded on of the songs, but for now i am not going to post it. It is on my laptop and i don't want to go through getting it. I will. Maybe a post on the blog of it's own. It is worthy!
Friday it was karaoke at the Mill Creek Fire Hall. It was not the biggest crow, it even seemed a little small for the bingo prior to the karaoke. Then i remembered it was the night before the opening day of trout. I am guessing that hurt a little. In any case i had a great time and looking forward to June 28th.
Saturday it was
Memories. I took a bunch of pictures and rather than post them here i put together a little slideshow you can see by clicking here.
As for caricatures since my last post, I have done a bunch, just haven't scanned any.I did do something today that made me feel pretty good. I was at Memories for a chicken salad. I had my sketchbook and there was a woman sitting at the bar. I am not sure of her name or her age. I did a quick sketch of her and showed it to the bartender as i was getting ready to leave. She took it to the woman and the woman acted as if i painted an oil painting of her, framed in gold. She ask if she could pay for it, but i said no. It made me feel good just to know that she liked it. I wish i could do that for everyone, but.. wait maybe i shouldn't be telling this story. Someday soon, maybe by the time you finish reading this i want to be charging for caricatures. That is why i started the CARICKATURE.COM web site. ok that is enough for now. I am off to sleep. More caricatures to come!!

No comments: