Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Week Ending March 30th


Here we go. The first week without work at the radio station. My job there is now being done by a man somewhere out west. Oh well. On to the jobs and fun. Wednesday i went to wings with Amanda, then we headed to memories for karaoke and some caricatures!!! There were not a lot of people there. I did four or five. Here is one of Scott. He knows i did it, but not sure he remembers it. I headed out about midnight.
Thursday was another night at Ronnie's. There was a group there planning a class reunion and a big table from Bonney Forge, several of the regulars and this night the owner's wife (sorry i don't know the name) got up and sang. Each week is looking good and I hope we can keep building. This Thursday Karaoke starts at 8 at Ronnies's tr. 747 Mount Union (shameless plug).
Friday at the Mount Union VFW...wow! It was packed. Although i don't say it enough, I am thankful for everyone who supports the places i play. Well, we had a lot of singers and even threw up some dance music toward the end
of the night. I brought some new lights in that i bought last week. Next week i am going to try to set up a little different. We have had some requests for a place to dance. Hope you're there to give your input, if you like it or not. Now for that danceing that happened Friday night. I didn't catch the names of the women who wanted to dance. All i know is they said they were "newly single moms". It was late and i usually don't play dance music, but here is a video clip of them. Tell me, would you have said no? The guys sitting at the bar were not as impressed as i was...haha. I actually recorded these young ladies with another, but i do not have that ready to upload.
Saturday night i had off. I went to Ronnie's place for a while. Some good friends were there and had a great time watching one learn to play pool.
Sunday i headed to State College, for
what is becoming a regular event for me. I headed to the mall with sketchbook in hand. I tried something that i have not done before. I sat down and would watch someone that was walking by. After they would pass, i would try to do a caricature of them from memory. Here are a few. I didn't spend more than a couple of minutes on each one.
After i did the thing at the mall, i was feeling pretty good so headed to Hooters. As i said before, I can draw there and the guys I draw are too busy looking at other things to pay any attention to me. I have been there severa
l times lately and some of the girls there are getting to know me. That can not be a good sign. Oh well. One man who was sitting directly in front of me was my first target so to speak. I guess he is a regular there. Like more than me regular. I did a quick sketch of him. He was, how do i say this without being crude? Well he scared the crap out of me. So i did the drawing and before i knew it, he was standing in front of me. Asking me questions about what i was doing. I told him i was practicing caricatures and hid the one i did of him. If you are reading this, i will let you see it. Just promise if you know who it is, you won't tell him, HA! Now something cool happened at Hoots this time. Od of the girls said she likes to draw, so i said here, have a go at it. She did and drew a picture of meeee! The woman who did this was Sarah and she did a very good job. I did a drawing of her, but having ADD or something i forgot to take a photo. Oh well. I did another one of the girls there, again i did not take a picture. I was not happy with the drawing. Only because she told me not to draw a little gap in her teeth. If i would have, i would have like the picture. She didn't want it, so i didn't draw it. I think that about wraps it up. Wait. I have one more. A hooters girl. Anyone who knows me well, knows i like the look of the Asian woman. I know this was a Hooters girl. I doubt that she will ever see this, and i am in no way making a pass or trying to hit on this woman or any such thing. Whew, my disclaimer, but i did do a caricature of an Asian waitress at hooter who i thought was totally beautiful. The only bad part is, she was not smiling when i did the drawing. When i took her photo she did. So i am thinking i will do a better caricature of here and then post it. For now the one i did of her. Yikes.. one more i forgot about. Again i missed the name of the woman who did this other drawing, but it is a cat. or her boss. I forget. I told her i would post it. Hope you like it.

No comments: