Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Week Ending March 23rd



Much fun was had this week as it started with DJ work early. St Pattys Day as a matter of fact. I played at Memories on Monday night. Had a good crowd for not advertising. I think this was the thrid time i played at Memories and I have never had a night that was planned. They have all been nights that have just happened. Well coming up next month, drum roll please...... a night at memories that is planned. Saturday Night, April 12th. Hope to see you there and as usual, I have a few shots from Monday night.
I had the week off from the radio job, so Wednesday night i headed back down to Memories for dinner and Karaoke. DJ Skiddy gets the place jumpin every Wednesday. My main thought was it would be a cool place to do a few caricatures, maybe sing a song or two. That's what i did. College students from Juniata college filled the place and some of the guys as me to do the caricatures, so that's what i did. I wish i had pictures here to show you, but i don't. The place was pretty dark, which may have helped me, as far as the drawings looking like them, but hurt me as for taking pictures of the final product. I think i did 8 or 9 faces. It was fun and i believe i will make as go at it again this week. I need all the practice i can get.
Thursday was the start of the Easter weekend. I had karaoke at Ronnies Place. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of people there. It was not wall to wall by any means but it was the
best Thursday Night yet. I did get a priceless shot of karaoke in progress. The song, Jump by Van Halen. The singer, Roy. The photo Posted here. Again since i did not have to work at the radio station, I hung around a little longer. That could happen again this week. If you get the chance stop in and sing a song or two.
Friday it was a jam Packed Mount Union V.F.W. We actually had to open the doors to the back section. I believe a lot of family was back in town for the holiday. It was a lot of new singers and a lo
t of regulars. It's always good to have new singers. Hopefully we will have return customers. I have many pictures from that night, but will honor my promise not to post them. I promised a woman, who will remain nameless and photoless, that if she sang i would not post the photos i took. Nuff said.
From the caricature side, i didn't get to State College sunda, as i usually do. So i didn't get to work on anything. I have a dear friend Jess
who's mom went to the hospital. I hung out with her. Not sure i did any good, but hope so. If you are reading this say a little prayer for them. It was a very tough easter. I did work on a painting (digital) of a caricature. Here it is.

No comments: