Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend Review

So this week the weekend started Thursday with a night at Ron's Place. The former Roadhouse, which was the former Hill Valley Hotel. History lesson. It was a mess because had computer problems, but a giant thanks for the understanding crowd. This week will be better, I dropped 90 bucks on heavy duty wires for the Karaoke, which was thee problem.
Friday night was another great night at the Mount Union VFW. Second week of qualifying for the contest which is now in progress. Even though the roads were not great, we still had a big crowd and lots of singer. Oh and just to clears something up. When i do karaoke, i make a list. As people say they would like to sing, I add them to the bottom of the list. I follow that list. If someone walks in and wants to be added to the list and i am on the last person in the list, they sing next. If i am on the first person in the list they must wait til i get to them in the list. That is the way i have always done it and how i will continue to do it. Thanks for understanding.

Saturday I was at the Rockhill Orbisonia Legion for a birthday part. I thought it was a 16 year old. NOT! Here are a couple pics from the event. The first picture is of the Birthday Girl! Thanks for having me and I hope you had a great time. As you can see from the second shot, there was a lot of singing going on. A special thanks to the Rochill Orby Legion.


Sunday i wanted to relax so i headed for State College. I forgot about THON going on until all the traffic started to get bad. It is the dance marathon and when it ended at 4 the traffic started to get bad. I was hoping to go see the end but i was busy drawing a restaurant. I did a bunch of little drawing, but as i was about to leave, my waitress came and ask me to do a caricature of her. As i explained, i was just learning this whole thing. She said it was ok, so i did a the caricature. By the way. If you look at her chin and look at the drawing, she told me to make sure i got the chin that looks like a butt, so i made it more like a butt and less like her chin. Here it is. She took it and a bunch of guys saw it. One of the guys wanted one done, so i took the challenge. I thought it looked better then than i do now, but getting over the fear of doing them live is going to take a while. I think it looks like him, but i would feel better if i would have done some things differently. Oh well, live and learn.

Speaking of that, i registered a new domain name. Carickature.com. Not much there yet but i plan on getting it going soon.

I almost forgot. I saw something as rare as seeing bigfoot. Vicki without kids in a restaurant.

No comments: