Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend Recap



So the weekend went by in a flash which i guess is a good thing. Friday night at the Mount Union VFW it was round 1 of the karaoke contest. Three weeks of qualifying and then a semi final round and a final round. You can see from some of the photos i am posting here that it was a full house. Lots of new faces and lots of support for those singing. There were people there for just the contest and people there just to sing and dance along. A very good time was had by all. Week two of the contest should be good. I have had three people who i know to be very good singers tell me they would be there this week. That will be on top of the people i haven't heard from.
If you are interested in joining the fun, please send me an e mail and i will tell you how you can join.

Saturday:
I had the honor of playing at the Trough Creek Fire Hall. A cash party, twho hundred tickets sold, a guaranteed crowd! I was excited to se old friends and make new ones. I made a special trip down in the afternoon to set up, just so i wouldn't trouble the crowd while they were eating and the fireman were calling numbers. When i got there, there was a buzz in the air. People were anxious as they called numbers one by one and people were eliminated. I searched for my first song. It had to be perfect. Not too much rap, not too much country. Little kids were already on the dance floor and as they called the last number, I knew my time to shine was near. As i got the ok to start the music i had to make sure that it was not too loud or not too quiet. Everything had to be perfect. I chose as my first song, Don Henly, Dirty Laundry. I pushed play and adjusted the volume. Everything was perfect. As i raised my head to see what i hoped would be a dance floor filled with people, I saw people putting on jackets. Looking for their kids to leave. It was not a good thing. Actually the guys told me later that is has been like that for the last several years and are looking for a way to make it better. So from the over 100 people that were there. Maybe 50 stuck around. By 9 that number was down to maybe 25 and by 10 maybe 15 and i think they were ready to clean up and head home. I guess it was one of those things as a DJ you have to know that there will be bad nights and there will be good nighs. You just do your job and move on. I did get some pics. They are posted here. Including an awkward Brokeback Mountain Moment. Thanks to the Fire Company for having me. Oh i did get a few caricatures in but only handed one of them out to a young boy who is pictured here.

Sunday:
I took my dear friend Angie to lunch and did caricatures of people at the Pizza Star in three springs. I should have taken pictures but didn't

No comments: