Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Review

This week It was the usual spots for Thursday and Friday Nights. Thursday an nice start to the evening. We have a core group of regulars now. Always looking to add more though. Roy was there and did his version of Van Halen's Jump, which includes him jumping from the stage and on to the tables. I talked with Roy and he mentioned his co-workers might stop out to see him live, in concert sometime soon. I hope they do. I think the karaoke is a little bit of a disease, once you do it, you are hooked. We did have some new visitors to Ronnie's place the week. I believe there were four women from the Lewistown area. Two of them did the Salt n Pepa classic shoop. They were in need of men to buy them drinks and did not stick around long...no one was buying. HAHA.
I do want to explain why there is a missing video on this blog. I took a video of a person singing thursday night. I showed it to that person, that person laughed and said ok when i told that person i was going to post it on youtube. This person then bragged about it to the women from Lewistown. The following night, I played at the Mount Union VFW. When I got home there were two messages on my home phone. The first was the person in the video asking me to take it off youtube or the person lawyers would be contacting me and the person would be suing me. The second message restated the urgency for me to remove the video. This time the perosn said he would be suing me for sexual harassment, if i did not remove the video. That is why i removed it. I was not in fear of being sued, just if i post something and somone does not want it there, i take it down. I did talk with a relative of this person and he said he would be happy to repost the video, if he does, I will relink to it.
Now for Saturday night, Ronnie's Place for a pure DJ night. 1. The night started off very promising. There was a good 25 to 30 people hanging around. Several good looking women. Always a plus for a club. I had people on the dance floor dancing. There were a few more people come in. I was watching the people carefully, as i thought something might be happening. As the clock approached midnight, people started looking at watches, and then, just as if it were the night of the big ball, Cinderella looked at the clock and headed for the door. Three women were ready to leave, so i quickly put on the Cha Cha Slide and i kept them there for another 6 minutes, but after that they did leave. I believe they were headed to another bar. I am not sure why it is, but it happens and i try not to let it bother me. I do hope that a good crowd starts going to Ronnie's for the week. They are good people and I enjoy it there. In fact, Sunday being mothers day, I took mom there for lunch. I had a huge steak that was awesome, my mom had some kind of shrimp that looked good. It must have been she didn't share any with me. We had cheesecake for desert. Great time.
I have some photos i will add later, for now your reading assignment is finished, thanks

No comments: