Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Update

Here it is another week has passed. I have been working at the usual, the drawing the DJ, the Karaoke. Thursday another good night at Ronnie's. I do have a great photo that i would love to post of one of the customers looking for a phone in the parking lot, but it didn't ask permission, so i won't post it.
Friday i headed to the Mount Union Vets. The sign out front said No Karaoke 9 til 1. Not a good sign to me. Looks like karaoke at the vets is going to be put on hold for the summer months. I have some plans for Friday nights and if your interested, i can let you know later as the plans get more secure.
Saturday i headed to a wedding reception for Derick and Jeannie Branche. I believe there were married a few weeks ago and this was more of just a party. Something happened to a family member or a girlfriend of a family that was tragic, I'm not sure of all the details, but prayers and best wishes to that family.
At the reception i did get to do a few caricatures. I ran into an old friend from dances i use to play at the Mount Union High School. I am sorry I don't know the correct spelling but i will give it a try, Meliekum Branche. I had to do a caricature of him. Although his is not smiling in this picture, if you know him you know he has a smile, a great smile, a great big smile. I think i got it in the cariacture, but he wasn't showing it in the photos. I am also posting a few other ones I did. I didn't get pictures of the subjects, but i like them anyhow.
The Mount Union Relay for Life is coming up this weekend and I hope to do a ton of caricatures there. If so I will post them.
Thanks for reading!

No comments: