Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th 2008

Wednesday night i headed to Memories Sports Bar. New camera in hand. Skiddy was there doing the Karaoke thing. Sarah (last name with held) was there and said she was drunk. Marker in hand i did a caricature of her. If you can't read the picture, her headband says I'm Drunk. She came over and said I should put the word "Really" on it. So i did. It was a light crowd that night and i didn't hang around long.
Thursday July the 3rd I traveled to the place kno
wn as Ronnie's place. I was hoping for a good crowd and was not disappointed. A group from Bonnie Forge made it out for a night of Karaoke. I am not sure of the names of everyone who was there from Bonnie Forge, but their participation was very much appreciated. After the Karaoke, around midnight we did a little dancing. It was a good time and glad to see everyone there.
Friday I was not at the moun
Union Vets. I headed up on the mountain to a place called the Eagles Nest. It was the 4th and I thought it would be either super good or super bad. Well, not a big crowd at all. I was encouraged that the people there did dance. Oh i had a new camera with me. A couple of the girls that were danceing had really long hair and were throwing it everywhere, so I wanted to see how the camera would act with it. First i took a shot of a couple people sitting at the far end of the room. I think the boyfriend was giving the girlfriend a bad time. In fact i think she was crying. After that picture some other women were dancing, throwing hair everywhere. I wish i knew what the song is i was playing. I know they were not dance songs. I am guessing Buckcherry or maybe Disturbed. I do not know the womens names. There were two there that came in and out a few times. I think they were tired at the end of the night and I have posted a picture where you can see they had to hold each other up while they were dancing. I was to finish playing at 1 there, but the few that were there were having a good time, I guess and ask me to stay til two. I did, but I believe i need to get a little more sleep on days i play far away. I was really tired on the ride home.
Saturday, seemed like sunday, but i am not sure why. I was playing at the Huntingdon Elks. A so so crowd. Not like the first night i played there but i believe a good time was had by all. Again i was to finish at midnight. It was 10 after and as i was about to shut down my computer a group of women came in. A bachlorette party. I played dance music for them.
I believe the song "Low" by Flo Rida was a favorite. In the 30 minutes they were there I was aks to play it three times. Here is a shot of them. I am also posint some pictures of some of the people singing. If one of the potos is of you and you would rather not have it posted, just let me know and i will take it down. I will be back to the Elks the saturday of the Huntingdon County fair. Hope to see you there. Great place!

No comments: