Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

More Thailand

Seeing More

After The man gave me a tour of the place where Paew works she took me to a small office space. There was maybe 15 women working there and zero men. She sat me near one of her friends and said she would be back. So I am sitting there with 15 Thai girls and only know a few words in Tha. Mam talked to me. I can not remember the conversation, but i remember feeling strange being there and all eyes being on me.

Paew came back and we went to her office again. Her co-worker, a woman, saw me drawing and ask me to do a drawing of her. I did a quick cartoon of her and i believe she liked it. She did keep it.

I believe we left there and went to get something to eat. We ate a lot there, but it was all healthy, and all delicious.  Each time we would sit to eat and my food was brought to me I would say "Paew I don't think I am going to like this." Finally Paew said "Ricky, if you do not try you should not say that!!". So I tried everything and I liked everything.

So the next day we were going to make a trip to her parents. They live in a different province. Several hours North. After we got awake and showered we just hung around the apartment. i tried to watch TV but didn't understand much of it. Or any of it. I think it was about 4 in the afternoon we headed to a bus station. We were taking the bus to her parents. The bus was leavbing at 7. I really admire Paew for all the thought she put in to my trip. SO we take a taxi to the bus stop. I was thinking a little place with a few peaople standing around. Not so. There were hundreds of people waiting to go every direction. We found, well Paew found where we should be, so we sat and waited. We took our luggage to a certain place and paid some company to watch it until the bus was ready to leave. I remember sitting with a crowd of people while Paew went to the bathroom or to get something and a song came on the telivision. It was to honor the king and everyone stood while the song played. People that were walking stopped and watched the tv. It was amazing. The Thai people love the King.

No comments: