Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend Roundup


I thought I would post a bunch of stuff that i did over the past four or five days, so i guess that makes it more than a weekend roundup. So I digress.
First pictures from Thursday @ the County Line Karaoke/Dance night. The crowds there have been very good. We spend the first few hours doing karaoke and then kick into some dance music. This week not only karaoke and dancing, but the Penguins on the big screen. As you can see in one of the pictures posted, I even allowed my dolly to be used as a dance partner. I've never thought of it being used in that way, but now i do.






Friday night the Mount Union V.F.W. had comedians for the first time in a long time. I guess back in the 70's , when gas was 40 cents a gallon and all, they had comedians. So Friday night was fun. I love comedy and had the pleasure of meeting for the first time Wes Zaharuk. A comedian from Canada. He put on a great show and you can see some of his work at his web site.
There were a lot of new people at the V.F.W. that usually don't get there for karaoke. After the comedians we finished the night with dancing. I hope we have the chance to see more comedy acts travel through this neck of the woods. It is something different and FUN!


Saturday I played music for Mr. And Mrs. Matt Lemin. Roughly 265 people under one tent on a beautiful day on a beautiful farm, near Raystown Lake. The day was really beautiful and my friend and I were ready for a Par Tay. One problem as soon as the sun dropped over the mountain. IT GOT COLD!! Really cold, and the majority of people went into the garage, not where i was close to be setting up, or home. We did manage to keep a few people warm by dancing. Hung out until midnight and then headed home.





Sunday it was the 6th annual Dustin, Bigger and Better Family Picinic. This is the first year I actually got to go and be there when other people were there. For the past five years I have kinda showed up when people were leaving. It was a beautiful day, a lot fo people and I managged to get out without getting wet. The kids were throwing enough water to make Noah's ark float. I got to see some people I haven't seen in a long time. I got to meet some people I didn't know. I did do a couple of caricatures, but didn't get to take any pictures. I spent several hours out there (Raystown Lake), went home and got my motorcycle then road back. It was very close to dark when i got home, but not quite, becuase then I would have been riding my motorcycle illegally, being that i only have a permit, for now.

So there you go, the last few days. I am not sure when i can make anothere post. I actually have my first commision job as a caricature artist to work on. I don't want to say who or what it is yet, well I do want to say but I can't yet. I also have a web site to work on and a caricature to work on for the Second Mile program. So now, off to work!

No comments: