Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Art Instutute Newsletter


Every so often I get a newsletter from the college I attended. The Art Institute of Pittsburgh. I see a lot of great work from graduates. I think to myself one day, one day I will have something there. Not that I need it for an ego boost. I just believe it would be cool. Well that day has arrived! I finaly made it. Dave DiBella was retiring. Dave lived across the street from me when i was attending school. I could not make the retirement party so I did a caricature of him and e mailed it to the people organizing the party as ou can see in the photo, it was displayed very nicely at the event. It is in 3 of the 7 photos in the newsletter. It has its very own picture and i could not be happier about it! There is only one problem. A small one. No where does it mention who did the caricature. Haha, just my luck. And it is ok. I am tickled that it made it and he liked it. Dave is a great guy and did e mail me his appreciation for the caricature.
For a larger image click

1 comment:

jamielee said...

Hi Rick - Just received my alumni newsletter and even though your name is not written in article I can see it on the photo pretty clearly. Great drawing! If Dave had written the article about his retirement I am sure that he would have given you credit. Dave was such a nice guy (and still is) he had a great memory for names of so many past students it amazed me. Your old AIP friend, Jamie