Welcome

Thanks for checking out my work. I appreciate the kind words shared by people visiting this site and try to post new caricatures every week.
I have been drawing all my life, but in 2008 I found the International Society of Caricature Artists
and fell in love with caricatures. I work everyday to improve and hopefully you can see improvements from my first posts here on this blog.
Within the last months (as of August 09) I have stated working on commissions for private parties and corporations. I hope to continue to grow and produce works of art for magazines and other publications.
If your interested, please contact me.
I also do dj and karaoke work. You can also find me on facebook.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend


I have not done a "weekend update" kind of post in a while, but had a pretty good time this week. Thursday I was at Ronnies's Place for the Thursday Night Karaoke. I had the pleasure of hearing a man sing I use to work with in State College. I use to run sound at a couple of places, the Crowbar, now the Cell Block, and the Saloon, Still the Saloon. One of the bands i worked with was Code Blue, a blues band that I enjoyed. The singer was and i believe still is Robo Vaughn. Thursday, Robo had dinner and sang several songs I remember him singing with Code Blue.
Friday night it was a packed night at the Mount Union V.F.W. I am back at the Vets every Friday. I think this was my third or forth week back since a summer break. I was a little worried about getting a crowd back after taking the summer off. This week was excellent. At the end of this month, Friday the 31st the Vets is planning a giant Halloween Party. A scary Scaraoke dance party. You can get tickets in advance for the party and then become eligible for some cool door prizes or you can just show up that night. A costume is not required but encouraged.
Saturday evening and night I spent with the Class of Juniata Valley from 1993. While there I did a few caricatures. When I did them, they did not know I was doing them and kinda did them as a surprise. They are the caricatures you see through this post.
I am on the countdown to the National Caricature Networks annual convention. It will be the first one I have ever attended and i am excited to think of what I will be able to learn there.

No comments: